This article discusses how to download YouTube video to your Laptop or Computer (PC). They include adding “SS”, Internet download manager, Ummy Video downloader. It also describes the best way to install add-ons to Mozilla firefox to enable users download YouTube videos to their local disk.
I have been receiving many enquiries regarding how to download YouTube videos to one’s local drive. There are many softwares available that can help you download videos faster to your local drive and then watch the videos offline.
I have listed some of the ways you can download any video from YouTube to your Laptop.
How To Download YouTube Video Using “SS”
This is a very easy way to download any video on YouTube to your Laptop or Computer. The steps are given below-
1.. Type the url of the video you want to download.
Example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIlh6pJGrpg
2.. Simply insert the letter “ss” immediately after the letter “www.” and press enter
3. Select the video format to download video and click on download.
How To Download YouTube Video Using Ummy Video Downloader
Ummy Video downloader is another software for Youtube video download. It is not free. It is very easy to use.
To use Ummy video downloader, simply download installation file from the Ummy video Downloader website.
- Install the downloaded file
- Start the Ummy video downloader program
- Copy url of the video to the program
- And download video
How to install Add-ons to Mozilla Firefox to download YouTube video to your Laptop.
This is very easy to do. One of the Add-ons that can do the work is is Internet Download Manager (IDM) . It is not a free software. You can get it here.
But to get a free download , you can consider this option which must be done only on Mozilla Firefox. This is installing an add-ons to the browser to enable a YouTube and other source video download.
The first thing to do is to open your Mozilla Firefox browser,
- Open the Tools option of the Menu bar
- Click on Add-ons in the Tools menu
- At the Add-on Manager section, click on Get Add-on option at the Left Menu bar
- Type ‘Youtube Downloads as MP4’ at the Search box located at the left corner and click on the search symbol.
You will get list of available Add-ons for YouTube downloads.
- Select any of them and install.
- Then go back to your Mozilla Firefox browser and open the video. The Download option will be displayed.
- Simply Click on the download option, select the download format and go ahead to download the video.
Please if you are unable to get through with the information on download here and your still having difficulty carrying out the task, You may need to watch the video below to get the exact demonstration of the steps to follow.
This is the video on how to install Add-ons to Mozilla Firefox for YouTube Video downloads